Sunday 24 October 2010

Hat after hat after hat



So I like hats... Veils, feathers, velvets - these all tickle my fancy. If tilted, you're talking love. Like this 1940s one, not in the best nick, a couple of nibs in the velvet and soiled lining - yet it's a darling on. And it matches rather well my beloved peplum jacket, don't you think?
Do you remember the black jacket that I made a mood board in my "Equestrian vamp" post?
My chocolate one is very similar, and it is lined in the most gorgeous copper satin. I am hoping to have a couple of skirts made to go with it, and I've been thinking about olive green and russet. Yummy, I can hardly wait!
On a different note, if you're thinking you had enough of narcissistic mad hatter posts, think again! I have one more for you in the pipeline!

13 comments:

  1. fantastic, the look is very Edwardian actually. Great jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! The pale grey with brown velvet is a nice subtle combination too (with a bit of colour peeping out from the lining).

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies! i don't have much in the way of bottoms and seem to wear that skirt with everything at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love the hat! Your hair looks really great too, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the 40s meets later Victorian silhouette created by the peplum jacket really suits you. Likewise with the topper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes indeed a very Victorian/Edwardian look- but it was a very common theme in the late 30’s designs, they had revivals in fashions then too!
    I love the peplum jacket- it’s very yummy! Can I ask if the jacket is a late 30’s or mid to late 40’s? Ahhh, You look pretty as a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome - I read one post after another and - pow! you come out with another marvellous outfit!! :"O Can't wait to see the next one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everybody, you are all so very generous!

    Tickety Boo Tupney - A Dash OF Worcester Sauce,
    the date I was given when I bought the jacket was 1930s. I do image the late 30s, because of the revival, as you say, of Victorian/Edwardian in those years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that jacket is divine, I just adore it!
    I love hats too, I have way too many and not enough occasions to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning outfit and hat, you look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fabulous! That jacket is just gorgeous & goes perfectly with that hat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well i decided to enter a pic of this outfit in the contest over at dandelion vintage - http://wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/66358
    so if you like it please vote for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete