Wednesday 8 February 2012

Geometrimania or my love for 1920's abstract prints

 via palmbeach tumblr

 L'Officiel de la Mode, 1928


 20s Chanel jersey ensembles via adeline's attic tumblr

 L'Officiel de la Mode, 1929

Deauville fashions, 1929

Still ferreting away at the turn of the decade, caught in a web of my own making, my mind cannot find peace. When I sleep, this is the kind of stuff that I dream of. When I'm awake, it wouldn't let me alone. Like a lover's longing, it's with me at all times, sweetness and pain in the same chalice. 
From Patou to Chanel and Delauney, this is deco fashion at its best. If only I could step one step closer! Alas, my means of recreating the fashions of my dreams are scarce, and if improving at all, then the pace is sloooow... But this dream is here to stay. In the meantime, one fools around...

7 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, I have geometrimania, too! As for late 20s/early 30s headwear, I've been working behind the scenes on a top secret chapeau collaboration that I can't wait to share (being a style kindred, I think it just might tickle your fancy. To be unveiled sooooooon....In the mean-time, I do love the colour of your hat!!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sound of this chapeau project makes me weak at he knees...can't wait to find out more!

      Delete
  2. ohmyohmyohmy...a totally valid obsession! I want to be part of those deauville fashions...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely collection of pictures, and I do like your take on 20s fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are certainly a perennial drooling inducing wonder!
    As for my take - it is a close as improvising, with ill suited to the purpose modern garments, will go. Though even with non authentic pieces one can achieve a better result, with more attention paid to shapes and lengths. However,THAT sense of geometry, that feel for print and pattern, they are not to be found anywhere else and will defy any copying attempts and expose them as feeble amateurism.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for reading my blog. Please remember, if using any of the images here, to link and credit as appropriate. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete