Friday 25 March 2011

Plus fours



Well, kind of. See, I keep doing these posts where I trick you into improvised outfits that fake the real thing. All in the name of love for these fashions, so I hope you'll forgive me. And all because the real thing is not within reach. Isn't this the make do approach? 
Or just mad, out of boundaries... lust:), gone all wrong?...

What you see is fully modern apparel, consisting of an old suit, woolen tights and a shirt I borrowed from my husband. Shirt and tights are in fact a beautiful rust/brick colour, and the belt is burgundy, but all came out in a clashing of reds. Please ignore if you can that I look like I have something else in my trousers! Concentrate if you may on the inspiration behind this meager attempt: the fabulous sports suiting of the 20's and early 30's. That's where my heart was lost in drunken desire...

And that's something on the must make list to be handed to my designer friend, if she ever decides to do anything for me (we are in negotiations since November for  a couple of 30's repro skirts, but sadly nothing was produced yet). If you're out there, how can you not hear my lone, desperate cry?!...









13 comments:

  1. You've done it again!
    You look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fully modern apparel? could have fooled me!
    great outfit

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sophisticated and English. I love it! And your hair is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cuuute! You just need to a golf club! I'd go full menswear by adding a tie...AND a cloche? The accessorizing possibilities seem endless with such sporting suiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the tie is coming :)
    As for the cloche, that is a big painful cavity in my wardrobe that needs urgent filling (and the main reason why my previous outfit failed).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that outfit! You look fantastic in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. divine! you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got it so perfectly!! Modern or no, it looks authentic to me. I love the sporty 20s and 30s looks; you pull it off amazingly well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your outfit is perfection. I love the red accents with the suit. You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all! I surely had fun in this outfit, as I took a little excursion in the countryside around our village on the back of my husbands bicycle. Bicycle, yes.:)
    Others thought too it was very funny: the outfit caused outbursts of laughter with a couple of school girls we met on our way. I was NOT on the bicycle at the time. My hubby gave them a nasty look and they stopped. I'm not fussed though, it's the risk one takes by dressing like this I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So great--I love that you went cycling, too.

    ReplyDelete