Thursday 1 August 2013

30's swimming in colour (with a little bit of late 20's thrown in for good measure)

1930's bathing suit at the Metropolitan Museum New York

via Velvet & Linen blog

1928 bathing suit via fuzzylizzie.com/swimsuits -
- on this website you will also find a great article on vintage swimwear



1929 bathing suit via fuzzylizzie.com/swimsuits - I love this one!!!


1932 wool swimsuit with adjustable ties via  fuzzylizzie.com/swimsuits


1936 swimsuit made of a lastex/wool mix for a better fit via  fuzzylizzie.com/swimsuits





Jantzen suit


1936 bathing suits at the Metropolitan Museum NY

 
red wool bathing suit by B. Altman & Co., 1932. via yeoldefashion tumblr




1933 bathing suit, via retroknittingcompany



via Sonne nach Wunsch flickr


And below, a pattern you can actually knit via A Stitch in Time vol 1.
This one comes with the perfect body too :)

7 comments:

  1. These are all so, so wonderfully fun and lovely! I adore them all, but think that the pale blue one with the darker blue and white bow knit into the design is my very favourite.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness! They're all so pretty it kind of makes my day! xD

    Thanks for sharing :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just adore the first one! So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to clarify something. The blue suit that you have labeled as being by Schiaparelli, is not actually by her. On my site (where you got the photo) I clearly say that the suit was inspired by Schiaparelli.

    Now this photo is all over Pinterest, saying that it is by Schiaparelli. Could you please make this correction here so this misinformation will not be spread all around the net? Thanks, Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please accept my apologies.I have removed the reference to Schiaparelli. So annoyed I got that wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks; I appreciate it so much.

    ReplyDelete