Tuesday 14 August 2012

Junior vest




Well, not too much time could pass without a knit post on this blog. Children's wear though is not sometimes that gets featured here at all, in spite of scoring very high on my list of very admired garments. And how could it? I haven't got children of my own, and I myself slide every day further from the blessed age of innocence, with the terrible risk of looking like a mutton dressed in lamb should I indulge my passion...Still, today is no such day.

 

This is due to to the fact that vintage children fashions of the 20's and 30's largely copied adult ones, to the extent that may times children looked like miniature adults. So, I thought, this could work the other way around too :). 
Then, discovering the same neckline in adult patterns from the 20's and early 30's, I realized that I was more than legitimate in my wishes, and nothing else stopped this one become a reality.















Here it is, pictured without the belt, I took this pic as in the ones where the vest is worn the texture is very hard to make out. 
The vest was knitted in Rowan Felted Tweed DK, a shade called Rage (?!), and the yarn itself is a mixture of wool, alpaca and viscose. 3 balls (150g) were enough for this. 
Mother reports an easy knit, she really enjoyed the yarn. Which is good, since I'm going to want the skirt next :)






1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking yesterday that it might be fun to a do a post with cuffed pants (though I rarely wear trousers), and then just happen to run into this charming outfit post (in which you look marvelous, dear gal). A sign? I rather think so! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete