Wednesday 12 January 2011

Ruffles, frills, and other frivolous treatments - Part II - The ruffled blouse




 Yet another thing in my always growing list of self indulgences, the ruffle blouse will maintain its place there with fierceness no matter how many I will come to acquire. I love them, I always have, and they suit my flat chested figure. Can't go wrong then, or can I?!
I have to confess I sometimes see examples from mid 30s that go way and beyond my wildest dreams. So much so, they leave one feel just ever so slightly nauseated, like after having a piece too much too much of  a sweet and fluffy cake. However there is a right dose for everyone, I think. So as long as I know my limits, ruffles are the way to go!


I am wearing mine with the faithful Great Plains skirt, Monsoon suede pumps, Accessorize cut out belt and 1940's corde purse. This matches the shoes perfectly and, although being a purse, it is the right size clutch for me.

These beautiful lace examples sold recently on ebay. They are so gorgeous it hurts. I definitely need more of this in my life! Not the pain, the beauty!

5 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! I don't have any ruffle blouses but I have some pussy bow ones. You are right, they are good for flatter chests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yours is a cute wearable blouse. These others are lovely but you can tell they are delicate and probably with little life left in them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!

    Baroness, I hear you, but the design of that black blouse is just perfection to me. I'd love to afford something like that in good wearable shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, beautiful design, indeed. But 80 year old silk lace just does not age well. I've learned this from experience. Sighs...

    ReplyDelete